Adopting a child and choosing the best school in Broxtowe BC area

(4 Posts)
user1495203271 Fri 19-May-17 15:24:46

Hi All
This is my first time on here and i'm hoping you can help. My husband & I are adopting a four year old girl who is due to start infant school this September. She has some attachment issues which can affect her behaviour so we really need to make sure the school 'gets' kids that have come through adoption.
I've looked on the NottsCC website and there are 36 schools to consider; which of course we're more than happy to do but I thought I'd ask on here if there is anyone with any experience of infant schools in the Broxtowe district that are particularly good with children with attachment issues?
Obviously, we can only really go on our impressions of that school so if there is anyone that reads this with experience I'd be very pleased to hear from you.
Thanks in advance!
smile

nottinghamgal Mon 22-May-17 22:28:08

Hello. I live in the area and know a bit.

It's a big area. Roughly where would be best for your family?

user1495203271 Tue 23-May-17 08:40:21

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I'm in NG9 which is Stapleford.

When I look on BBC website there are 36 schools I can apply to. The nearest to me are William Lilley and Fairfield. Both of those schools are have a good rating with Offstead but I'm more interested in how they respond to children that have attachment difficulties.
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance smile

Silenenutans Tue 23-May-17 19:57:58

Would it be worth selecting the schools you most like the look of on paper, then visiting? Obvious I know but I do think you can get a real 'feel' for a school by visiting, meeting the head and having a look around.

The people who always seem to advise visiting most strongly IME are teachers, which must say something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now