Win a family ticket to the launch of 'Dinosaurs of China - Ground Shakers to Feathered Flyers' at Wollaton Hall

(18 Posts)
LocalEditorNottingham Wed 31-May-17 15:05:27

We are ground-shakingly excited to have a family ticket to the launch day of this summer’s world exclusive Dinosaurs of China Exhibition, on Saturday 1st July at Wollaton Hall, to offer as a prize.

* Family tickets are for two adults and two children aged 5+ (under-5s go free) and do not include parking charges.

‘The Dinosaurs of China exhibition will tell the story of a dinosaur revolution.

New fossil discoveries in China over recent years have revolutionised our understanding of dinosaurs’ appearance, behaviour and evolution. We’ve hand-picked some of the most spectacular new fossils from China for this world exclusive exhibition, bringing them to Europe for the first time.

Dinosaurs of China will present some of the best preserved dinosaur fossils from anywhere in the world: not just the bones, but also soft parts including skin and feathers.

Many of the species on display are new to science, only discovered and named in the last 20 years, and some as recently as 2015.

Some things never change: many dinosaurs were giant, scaly, ground-shakers.

Some of the towering skeletons in the exhibition will be among the tallest ever seen in the UK.

However, this view of dinosaurs is now part of a more diverse picture. Many dinosaurs were tiny, some species had feathers, and a number of species even evolved flight. These feathered-flyers eventually evolved into birds. Birds are dinosaurs that learned how to fly.

We invite you to explore the evidence for yourself – you may never look at birds in the same way again!'

Find out more and book tickets at Dinosaurs of China

To enter, post in the thread below, by midnight on Tuesday 13th June, with your answer to this question:

If you could name a newly discovered dinosaur, what would you call it?

The winner will be contacted on Wednesday 14th June, via Mumsnet PM – please remember to check your inbox.

Silenenutans Fri 02-Jun-17 16:21:57

Stompysaurus or Flappysaurus, depending.

We're quite excited about this exhibition!

MaidMarianAndHerMerryMen Sat 03-Jun-17 08:40:22

The roarasaur!!

We're really looking forward to it too. Dinosaurs are fascinating! We're going to Wollaton this weekend actually, before the hall closes to set up the dinosaur exhibition.

MrsBungle Sat 03-Jun-17 19:07:41

My daughter reckons it would be a sea Dino and she would call it "aqua don". This exhibition sounds great!

NottsJules Sat 03-Jun-17 22:17:07

my dd says unicornsaurus or lumpasaurus, we call our dog a lumpasaurus as he is always a big lump on the floor in the way! We do love dinosaurs.

mitalmanda Sun 04-Jun-17 19:06:02

The Ay-up duckehlodocus....found in the grounds of Wollaton Hall Nottingham :-)

AlwaysOldBeforeMyTime Sun 04-Jun-17 19:38:02

My DH says a razorsaurus. I'm assuming it has rather sharp teeth 🤔

Very excited about this exhibition, we love dinosaurs and we love Wollaton park so can't wait!

MillieMaddieMabel Mon 05-Jun-17 21:08:39

My daughter says it would be a lake dinosaur and it would eat ducks.. hence the name snapaduckasaurus.

cael2005 Wed 07-Jun-17 16:46:37

My 4 yr old is very excited when he heard about this exhibition. He plans to be a paleontologist when he grows up and he would want his new discovery named after himself, the Zakarysaurus 🐊

debska Wed 07-Jun-17 16:52:10

An old one ....if it was a one eyed dinosaur... doyouthinkhesaurus. Sorry

hoops120 Thu 08-Jun-17 20:46:35

wollatonia splendasaurous

dbs4law Fri 09-Jun-17 11:26:44

Sharkasarous

dbs4law Fri 09-Jun-17 11:27:15

Sharkasaurous

Lamyai1 Fri 09-Jun-17 14:03:58

Snotosaurus - found in Nottingham

larkin29 Tue 13-Jun-17 19:30:39

Raa REx

defineme Tue 13-Jun-17 23:28:17

Nottasaurus

LocalEditorNottingham Thu 15-Jun-17 10:50:31

Congratulations to our winner MillieMaddieMabel

Commiserations to everyone else (and we loved all your entries!) but - watch this space - as we will have a few more Dinosaurs of China tickets to offer, over the course of the exhibition grin

MillieMaddieMabel Thu 15-Jun-17 18:04:10

Thanks ever so much!! My children are very excited to be going! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now