Any businesses, journalists or researchers looking to post on Local talk must pay a small fee for a pinned thread. On starting a new thread, please make sure you select the 'Pin this thread' option. If you have any questions, please contact your local editor directly or email local@mumsnet.com

Anybody live in Bicester? Any problems with antisocial behaviour?

(3 Posts)
Northlondonmum1980 Sun 05-Mar-17 18:53:06

Hello!
I've been searching for a house in Oxfordshire which has taken me from Oxford to Bloxham to Banbury to now, Bicester!
I love Bicester village and I've seen the town centre a few times. But I saw a really big group of teenagers causing trouble and then a massive police van turn up. Not ideal viewing when looking to see what an area is like!
I've read online that the town does suffer from antisocial behaviour and in particular Bure Park.
I liked Kingsmere but have also read on their Facebook page that there's vandalism and kids sleeping in the new parks!
I didn't think it was so, so would love anyone to allay my fears. Please pm or post on here.

Looking forward to replies! smile

CheeseCakeSunflowers Mon 13-Mar-17 19:25:27

This facebook page might help you its a Bicester chat page. www.facebook.com/groups/597327533697836/ I think Bicester is like a lot of towns it has some problems but I don't think its as bad as some. Have you looked at any villages they usually have less anti-social problems but of course they have less facilities too.

Oxfordshirelocaleditor Thu 16-Mar-17 10:01:41

I live in Kingsmere and I have always found it fine IMO. I have seen a few young teenagers sitting about in the parks on my way home late a few times but not during the day and they weren't particularly rowdy. I used to live in a village and that happened there too. Kingsmere is far better with young children as there is plenty nearby to do. The school on Kinsmere is Ofsted good now too. Hope that helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now