Chipping Norton locals - anything to know about Edward Stone Rise?

(2 Posts)
SingingSilver Thu 16-Mar-17 01:15:50

My sister is thinking about moving there, but after googling it there seems to be a fair amount of crime associated with such a small street. Several crimes, associated with young men. Are there ex-offender units in that area? It doesn't spark confidence either that she told me another resident there is desperate to move.

Basically I want to know if it's a safe place for her to live? Any insider knowledge appreciated!

Chris27 Thu 16-Mar-17 16:14:37

If you look at the area on Google Maps you'll see the infamous Back Alley running along between this street and Hailey Avenue. It's an alley where the local yoof like to hang out and there are minor incidents of vandalism and loutish behaviour, particularly in the summer evenings. It rarely affects Edward Stone Rise as they gather in the areas where there are fewer houses. There is no young offenders institute in town or anything like that. If your sister visits I'd encourage her to walk along Back Alley, round Hailey Avenue and back again to see what it's like before making a decision.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now