Any businesses, journalists or researchers looking to post on Local talk must pay a small fee for a pinned thread. On starting a new thread, please make sure you select the 'Pin this thread' option. If you have any questions, please contact your local editor directly or email local@mumsnet.com

Preston hospital?

(5 Posts)
LorryHen Sat 16-May-15 17:24:23

Hello all smile

Tried to post this earlier but not sure if it works so here goes, again!

I'm very new to the Preston area and I will be having my first baby at RPH in October.

As I'm not a local I have no idea how good the hospital is so what have other people's experiences been if this hospital?

Thank you! X

BeckyNW Sat 20-Feb-16 21:16:07

Welcome to the area, LorryHen! I'll be very interested to see any responses to this thread. I am also due with my first in October if all goes well, and I will need to choose between Preston and Blackpool maternity services.

BusyNothings Mon 19-Dec-16 21:02:21

I havent been in the maternity unit at preston but have been on the surgery wing and had family in different wards. Its a big hospital and in some areas is very understaffed but generally its a nice place with lovely staff. I would recommend taking in your own food though!

LavenderDoll Tue 20-Dec-16 06:23:37

My sister gave birth at Preston. She used the birthing centre there which Is new. She was more than happy with care and facilities
I gave birth in Chorley midwife run centre and again I thought it was fantastic
Good luck

TheMortificadosDragon Tue 20-Dec-16 08:32:07

As with many hospitals, the parking can be difficult. I don't know about the maternity services, they were still at Sharoe Green when I had my DD.

Welcome to Preston, and best wishes for the birth!flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now