child care_ pickup from athelstan hampton

(8 Posts)
adela37 Mon 05-Jan-15 07:13:58

Hello all,

My little one is starting pre-school in Athelstan this Sept. I m stuck for a childminders that could pick her up at 12. Does anyone have any recommendation?

Much appreciated.

Adela

feathers21 Fri 09-Jan-15 20:44:36

Hi Adela,
My little one is in pre-school in Athelstan at the moment. They finish at 1 pm after lunch.
only nursery kids finish at 12 for the first term.

adela37 Fri 09-Jan-15 21:15:08

Thank you for letting me know. I must have remembered incorrectly. My daughter is starting nursery in April and pre-school in Sept. Would you happen to know if any childminder to recommend?

How do other working parents manage pick-ups? smile

feathers21 Wed 14-Jan-15 09:38:08

Hi Adela,
Most of the mums are stay at homes mums(or dads) there are a couple childminders for the older kids i think, and there are a few au-pairs do the pick up for the younger ones.
it depends on where you live, the best is to have a look on gumtree, or post an ad to look for someone.
If your daughter settles well, she can do full days from pre-school (which is most of us doing right now) , school will take care of your child up to 3pm.

HappyHampton7 Sat 31-Jan-15 21:30:31

Hi Adela

My little girl is currently in pre school at Athelstan (she'll be in reception in September). I know that Aston Pierpoint pick up children after nursery and pre school. It might be worth having a chat with them.

Look forward to meeting you in September!

Realhousewifeofnsurrey Sat 14-Feb-15 15:59:34

Hi Adela
Both of my children have been pupils at Athelstan. Once your child is settled in pre-school you have the option of extending the hours until 3pm. They also run a breakfast club which opens at 7:40 am, after school clubs until 4:30pm and late club until 5:45pm to fit around working parents.

Good luck. It's a wonderful nurturing school.

448teatime Wed 24-May-17 16:43:36

Have you heard that Athelstan is due to close at the end of term?

4448daybreak Thu 25-May-17 09:53:15

Sorry I hear its closing in a year from now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now