Any businesses, journalists or researchers looking to post on Local talk must pay a small fee for a pinned thread. On starting a new thread, please make sure you select the 'Pin this thread' option. If you have any questions, please contact your local editor directly or email local@mumsnet.com

Twickenham Prep or Newland House

(5 Posts)
HS78 Wed 15-Mar-17 14:52:31

Hi all, I have a boy and girl due to start school next year and am deciding between TPS or NH. I need to send a deposit very shortly and am very confused!

I am looking for somewhere that is nurturing and where they will be happy as well as fulfilling their academic potential.

Does anyone have any experience of each of these schools? I have been to visit both but like them equally.

Many thanks!

mikkii Wed 15-Mar-17 17:40:24

Did you visit on an open day or during normal school day?

Have you considered Hampton pre-prep? They take girls too

mikkii Wed 15-Mar-17 17:40:50

Hampton pre-prep used to be Denmead

HS78 Wed 15-Mar-17 18:18:58

Hi, I went to both on open day.

I did look into Hampton pre-prep but the girls leave at 7 and the boys are tested at 7 and asked to leave if they don't pass which put me off. I would rather they both went to the same school until at least 11. Thanks

twick13 Wed 15-Mar-17 19:49:40

This is hearsay but my impression is Newland is more academic.
Which is closer.. can you walk to either. Easy journey is good. If you have to drive how's the parking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now