Kew College and Broomfield House

(2 Posts)
Temperance15 Tue 11-Apr-17 17:26:39

Hello, I am looking for practical insights comparing Kew College versus Broomfield House? Both have good academic results, albeit Kew College seems to be marginally more academically focused and they look like they are getting slightly better results. I wonder if this is the result of a different selection process or rather a result of the education provided per se? I am also looking for a school that fosters confidence, independence and creative thinking - being the first time I go through the school selection drill, I was wondering if anyone had any further insights on which school would suit which type of child. Also Broomfield seems geared towards new families in the area (or they market themselves more as such) so wonder if they have more turnover, and being a smaller school, whether this is a factor to consider too. Finally, what are the parents like in each school (generally speaking as this will change year on year...)? Many thanks!

Gingerbreadbaker Mon 17-Apr-17 08:21:22

I seem to be this morning's Broomfield poster! As I've said before I'm an ex parent but I hope I can help. Broomfield is a much smaller school than Kew College. It has a reputation for being academic, and great at music and drama (and in recent years, football), but they do not select children on ability when they start in pre kindergarten. Not sure why you think they market themselves for new families in the area as we were told by the Head they don't advertise, and never have, and they always seem to have kids there whose parents went to the school, and have continued the family tradition. Look, we really liked it, it seemed less showy (IYSWIM) than Kew College, and more creative, but that was our opinion. We have friends who were at Kew College and were very happy there. I think you've picked the best two schools in Kew, and maybe you should arrange another visit to both and see which school truly speaks to you. I honestly don't think you could go wrong with either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now