Any businesses, journalists or researchers looking to post on Local talk must pay a small fee for a pinned thread. On starting a new thread, please make sure you select the 'Pin this thread' option. If you have any questions, please contact your local editor directly or email local@mumsnet.com

backwell school

(4 Posts)
Jemmima07 Sun 19-Mar-17 21:47:02

could anyone give me advice on where is good to live for Backwell school, it doesn't look like there is much going on for teenagers in the surrounding areas, is there a village that has a few shops and a community feel that is in catchment? Thank you for any advice.

AddictedIsHere Mon 20-Mar-17 12:25:42

Backwell is a little middle of nowhere, but backwell school doesn't have a huge catchment area. There's Nailsea which has the shops and community feel, but it also has its own secondary‚Äč school, so no guarantee you'd get in to backwell.
Long Ashton is the furthest you could go towards Bristol, and the villages in between do send children to backwell school, however they don't really have any shops or things (maybe a take out and a corner shop. Long Ashton used to have a bakery, dentist and a charity shop! But other than that, no high Street) Long Ashton also has Ashton Park quite close so there's a possibility you'd end up there.

Weston-super-Mare also send children to backwell, but they're usually in term transfers and the waiting lists can be quite long.
I think your best bet would be Backwell itself, with Nailsea not being far away and Bristol being a bus ride away for teens.

AddictedIsHere Mon 20-Mar-17 12:26:24

I hope that helps, or someone comes along with better advice soon!

Jemmima07 Mon 20-Mar-17 13:56:19

thank you so much, very helpful, I also see there is lots of youth clubs in the area for teens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now