moving

(4 Posts)
user1496171653 Tue 30-May-17 20:26:43

Hi me and my partner are thinking of moving to tauton we have 2 kids a boy age 6 and a 10 year old girl was wondering if anyone could tell us the best/worst area best school/job etc were hoping to move in September any advice would be great
thank you

PovertyJetset Tue 30-May-17 22:52:19

Well IMO you would want your children to go to either Heathfield or Castle secondary and bishops fox is ok. DO NOT GO TO TAUNTON ACADEMY.

Primary wise- north town, trinity are both good.

There are 2 private options, so if you have the means then they might be an option.

Trull, corfe, cotford st Luke's, stoke at greogory are all nice villages outside of Taunton.

There are a number of new houses being thrown up out towards monkton but that does mean that Heathfield will be hugely over subscribed.....

It's nice place to live with good amenities I think.

Sunnyshores Wed 31-May-17 16:58:51

Do you want to live right in the town, 15 mins from town on a bus route or a bit further out and rural?

There are 3 private schools in Taunton and Wellington just outside. All very good for different things, wellington in particular has very generous academic scholarships. Idk about state options.

Town centre has awful traffic, so chose carefully what side you're on depending on where youre working.

user1496171653 Thu 01-Jun-17 09:48:23

hi we was looking at tauton area? is it nice there, ill be ooking for a job in care have my level 3 and currently doing level 5..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now