Primary schools: max distance admission for past years?

(4 Posts)
SouthLondonDaddy Sat 18-Mar-17 15:26:23

Is data on number of applications, number of sibling admissions, and maximum distance under the distance criterion available, by year?

Southwark council publishes some data, but only for the last year, and excludes academies, like Goose Green Primary.
www.2.southwark.gov.uk/downloads/download/2483/primary_school_admissions

Can I ask the school? Can the school refuse to share this data? Or is it already available somewhere?

By contrast, Wandsorth Council publishes these statistics even for academies and other schools which are not under its direct control: www.wandsworth.gov.uk/downloads/file/10616/previous_years_admissions_for_wandsworth_primary_schools
I'd like to understand if something similar for Southwark exists.

Thanks!

LocalEditorSouthwark Mon 20-Mar-17 11:31:52

A School admissions team could help with specific school requests:

0207 525 2910 - Anita Hawksley - she is at Southwark Council and someone in her group should be able to answer your questions for each school.

Good luck!

SouthLondonDaddy Mon 20-Mar-17 11:48:30

Thanks. As far as you know, this person should be able to answer questions even for state schools which are their own admission body, like Goose Green primary or the two Charter secondaries?

LocalEditorSouthwark Mon 20-Mar-17 12:03:38

Hi there -
I got the impression they had people who could help. I mentioned Goose Green and she thought this team would have the info. Let us know what you find out please - it could help all of us.
Hope it works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now