New to Bury St Edmunds... Anyone want to meet up?

(10 Posts)
kcrisby Tue 24-Jan-17 20:37:14

Hi, we moved to Bury just under 6 months ago, having moved back to the UK from NZ a year ago. We have a timid nearly three year old daughter who has just started nursery to try and encourage her to socalise a little more. She seems to gravitate to older girls however. Is there anyone out there interested in a meet up? Thank you smile

elfycat Tue 24-Jan-17 23:13:01

Hi,

I'm along the A14 in Stowmarket, so about 20 mins drive. My girls are 6 and 8 so at school in the week but in school holiday I generally have time free, and about 60% of weekend days I keep free for 'adventures'.

I'd be happy to arrange to meet up somewhere. smile

trac3y Wed 25-Jan-17 18:55:43

Hi. We moved here from Bristol 18 months ago and have 2 boys aged 4 and 8. Would love to meet for a coffee. We live near Westley school so 5 mins from the arc.

StaceyFisher777 Tue 14-Mar-17 17:41:19

Hi. I am local to Bury, i have been here since January and i don't know anyone at all! I don't have any children but am expecting my first in July. 😀

Paloma100 Wed 05-Apr-17 08:35:56

Hi,
I live in Sudbury and am expecting my first baby in august. Eek! Would love to meet up with others in similar position.
Stacey - how are you finding Bury? It's a lovely town I hope you're all settled now.
Trac3y - do you still want to meet up with people for coffee?
Elfycat - be great to meet up for a chat.
Kcrisby - wow big move! Were you from UK originally? How are you finding Bury?
Maybe we could all meet up? I could do with some company - been through ivf twice, finally pregnant and so happy but have got a bit isolated and need to get out more! Look forward to hearing from some of you/all of you/someone!!

RachelTiffany Fri 07-Apr-17 09:41:41

I'm moving to Bury St Edmunds at the end of April, I would love to make some friends in the area! I have an 8 month old baby boy (soon to be 9 months) x

Paloma100 Fri 07-Apr-17 19:24:19

Hi Rachel - ah a baby boy! Me and dh bought loads of baby clothes today I know it's a bit early - I'm 5 and a half months but got over excited! Are you moving from far? I'm sure you'll like Bury it's very family friendly and there's an active mumsnet meet up group so you'll make friends easily. Very exciting!

RachelTiffany Fri 07-Apr-17 20:43:58

aww lovely!! Congratulations! I was guilty of buying things early on too but it's all got used.. well apart from the jeans we bought for him 😄
I'm moving from Essex but I haven't lived here long, I've lived in London most of my :-)
I'm new to mumsnet so I'm a little clueless how I find others in the area 🙈

Paloma100 Tue 11-Apr-17 08:05:19

Rachelt - how are you getting on? Moving sounds exciting but stressful. I love my house and garden but opposite me a new housing dev is being built which has totally changed the feel and look of our once small lane. Wish we could pick our cottage up and put it in a field! Hope all is going well.

mangosky Sun 30-Apr-17 08:58:33

Hi, I've just joined mumsnet, I'm Ros and I have an 11 week old baby, we've been in the area about a year or so now and I would love to meet up with other mums or mums to be in the area. We live just a few miles north of Bury on the A1101. Hope all are getting on well with children &/or pregnancies? 😀 x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now