Private Primary schools in Surrey Advice please

(6 Posts)
Billy11 Fri 17-Mar-17 00:50:08

We have just moved from America and I looking for a good school for my girls age 7 and 3.
They are academically very strong and really in to sports (not great at it) But really in to it anyway.
Things we are looking for
-strong academics
-small class sizes
-great after school clubs and care
-socially great environment

The schools we are looking at in the next few days
Longacre
Ripleys court
Danes Hill

The schools that have been forward to us but unsure on is
Belmont Prep
St Hilary's
Pennthorpe

My daughters are not shy, very outgoing, extrovert and confident.
Would not do too well in a setting that is too traditional.
Have read so many bad things about Danes Hill.
It seems on paper to be better than the other schools listed below?

We will not be here in the UK for longer than 2-3 years so not worried about future secondary school.
But really care about their academics and confidence building.

Really would appreciate any comments or advice.

homebythesea Fri 17-Mar-17 16:14:46

Apart from Daneshill all those you have listed are quite cosy traditional prep schools in the countryside. you don't say where you will be living but you might be better off trying Guildford High School or similar which is a town based School with extremely strong academics and sport. The social mix might be a little more diverse (but not much more). Social mix at Danes Hill probably the least diverse of all you have listed

homebythesea Fri 17-Mar-17 16:15:27

I would also suggest you post this in the primary education section as it gets far more traffic than MN Surrey

Optimist1 Fri 17-Mar-17 20:39:04

Is there a reason you haven't listed ACS in Cobham? I would have thought that it would be make for an easier transition if you're planning to return to the States after your stay in UK is over.

ColdFusion Fri 17-Mar-17 20:41:36

Add in Bishopsgate to the mix.

DIYwannabe Sat 18-Mar-17 06:56:35

I can highly recommend Belmont, its been amazingn for my boys

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now