Opinions on Sythwood Primary

(7 Posts)
LittleDyn1982 Wed 19-Apr-17 06:56:39

Hi all.

So what I was dreading would happen happened and we weren't offered any of the 4 schools we put down on our school application. We got offered Sythwood Primary in Woking.

Are there any ladies on here with children at the school. What are your opinions?

I obviously went to view the school initially when we were making decisions on schools and didn't like it. I've also not heard anything positive about it from anyone, so would love to hear from moms who actually have kids in the school.

Thanks so much

speedynamechange73 Wed 19-Apr-17 10:52:13

Hi, I don't have kids there but I do know of the school as it's in the same academy trust as my kids' school.

However, I was in a similar position when DD started her school, I'd heard not a lot good about it, and it's been fine. I did like the school though, which helped a lot.

FWIW, the academy trust is good at getting on top of schools that aren't doing so well, if that's your concern. I thought it was quite a good school, but it must be hard if you didn't get a good feel for it.

Millais Wed 19-Apr-17 20:55:27

Where are you in Woking? Do you have any other choices?

LittleDyn1982 Thu 20-Apr-17 06:41:59

Only choices are putting her on the waiting lists of other schools. Why Millais, have you heard bad thing about it?

Millais Thu 20-Apr-17 07:03:02

No, not bad things. I don't have children there but I've heard that the head is really good. I think that it suffers from people assuming it is poor because of its catchment but it appears to me to be a school which does a lot for its pupils and the academy support allows it more freedom and possibly more opportunities. Asked about location as it seems a lower birth rate in the area has left some good schools with spaces.

LittleDyn1982 Thu 20-Apr-17 07:12:38

Thanks Millais

SuburbanRhonda Thu 20-Apr-17 07:31:53

My DC also went to a secondary in the trust and I work in a primary school nearby.

The trust has some great school leaders are they achieving good results (not just academic) for their schools. One of the primaries was rated outstanding in all areas just last term after having a somewhat chequered past.

You must be disappointed, OP, but why not visit the school again with fresh eyes? If you don't get one of your waiting lists schools, you'll need to get behind this for your child's sake. Finding out more by visiting again is a good first step.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now