Any businesses, journalists or researchers looking to post on Local talk must pay a small fee for a pinned thread. On starting a new thread, please make sure you select the 'Pin this thread' option. If you have any questions, please contact your local editor directly or email local@mumsnet.com

Secondary school's in Sutton

(4 Posts)
ClaireSutton1975 Wed 11-May-16 18:33:15

My DS will be starting yr 7 in 2017 - I'm going to some of the open evenings this September before application in October but we have just moved here and would appreciate some of your opinions! We will be applying to WCGS but understand places are hard to come by. Faith schools aren't an option, either. We live in SM6. Thanks!

HaydonWomble Thu 12-May-16 19:42:08

Hi ClaireSutton1975

You may find that most of the grammar school 'open evenings' are this side of the summer hols (as far as I can remember - think Sutton Grammar is the exception to the rule) so check those dates out ASAP.

Think most of the in demand Sutton Borough secondary schools have quite tight catchment areas - it may be worth your while sending off some preliminary emails to the Council's Eduation Department to get some more insights.

Good luck!

LocalEditorSutton Fri 13-May-16 07:31:00

Hi ClaireSutton1975

Do check out our Schools & Nurseries Open Days page - and more of the local schools ones will be added as details become available.

Good luck!

Kate

ClaireSutton1975 Tue 17-May-16 10:26:16

Many thanks all for your advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now