Triangle One O'Clock Club Update

(12 Posts)
LocalEditorWandsworth Thu 17-Apr-14 12:53:44

We've had an update from Sadiq Khan MP on the works at the Triangle One O'Clock Club in Balham.

Apparently, the works to the site were delayed by the heavy rain earlier in the year but are now nearly finished (hurray!) and a programme of activities, delivered as an extension of the work of the Faylands Children’s Centre, will start in the summer term (details below).

There are also plans to use the site for a free Nursery (for qualifying children) at other times although they haven't found anyone to run it yet so that won't happen until after the summer.

Here's the proposed timetable:

Monday

1.00pm- 4pm Stay and Play session for children 0-5 years.

Tuesday

9.30am- 11.30pm - Forest School. Learning about Minibeasts. Children can explore in the outside area looking at natural habitats.

1.30pm – 3.30pm Stay and Play session for children 0-5 years.

Wednesday

10am-11.30am Stories and Rhymes.

1.30pm-3.30pm Stay and Play session for children 0-5 years.

Thursday

9.30am- 11.30am Forest School. Children can explore and learn about different materials in the outside area.

1.30pm – 3.30pm Stay and Play session for children 0-5 years.

Friday

1.00pm- 4pm Stay and Play session for children 0-5 years.

Greydove Thu 17-Apr-14 16:41:51

Any info on the charges?
Do adults stay for Forest School?

Has anyone actually seen any building work happening?

LocalEditorWandsworth Tue 22-Apr-14 17:50:53

Hi Greydove, I checked with the Council and there will be ...drumroll... no charges. All activities will be free as in the past!

Parents do stay for forest school.

Greydove Wed 23-Apr-14 19:59:13

Great! Thanks for the update

sw12 Tue 29-Apr-14 12:11:35

Hurrah! I'm pleasantly surprised as I'd assumed it was going to go the way of the Bolingbroke and Windmill One O'clock clubs and quietly disappear for good.

Wish they'd get on with though - fed up with having to trek across the common to the Furzedown one.

LocalEditorWandsworth Mon 02-Jun-14 15:01:34

We've had another update from Sadiq Khan MP and the bad news is that it looks like the Triangle won't be open until July now. It's been shut so long we are expecting BIG things from the refurb - they could have knocked it down and rebuilt it in less time.

Here is what he has forwarded to us from the Head of the Council's Early Years Service:

"Dear Mr Khan,

Apologies for any delays in getting back to you. In my email of 15th April I advised that we were seeking to reopen the centre during the Summer term and we are still on track for this albeit a little later than originally anticipated. This is mainly due to a supplier delay on the windows and shutters. The good news is that all internal flood defences are now complete, and the water damaged floors and kitchen have been replaced. Internal redecorations are well underway and will complete by the end of June. External drainage works will complete in July at which point the centre will re-open to the public.

I hope this information is sufficient. Please do let me know if you require anything further.

Yours sincerely

Paul Martland"

Geegee007 Wed 04-Jun-14 20:35:58

Thank you for the update.

I really hope it does.

Maybe they're using the same cowboys currently making a hash of Hildreth street.

LocalEditorWandsworth Tue 24-Jun-14 12:19:43

The Council have finally confirmed that the Triangle One O'clock Club will re-open on 22 July 2014!

Greydove Thu 26-Jun-14 19:27:37

Thanks for the update
No good for me as by then I will have my older two with me

Greydove Thu 20-Apr-17 21:50:00

I know this is an old thread but does anyone know if the one o clock club is still open?

LocalEditorWandsworth Mon 24-Apr-17 12:13:25

Hi Greydove, it is still open but not every day any more.

According to the Council:

"From 2nd May onwards it will be open 3 mornings per week from 9.30am - 11.30am on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, these are some of the activities we will have on offer:
•Baby Play
•Chop & Chomp
•Messy Play
All sessions are free and suitable for children aged 0 – 5yrs with the exception of Baby Play which is just for babies aged 0 – 1yr."

I couldn't seem to find out which day is 'baby play' but have asked the Council and will let you know if they get back to me.

Greydove Mon 24-Apr-17 18:57:31

Thank you
I saw a post on Facebook saying that the Lochinvar Preschool Nursery is moving there (from Alderbrook) but no firm details

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now