Reception admission

(5 Posts)
user1495098238 Thu 18-May-17 11:51:06

Hi everyone can anyone tell me about getting admission to a catholic school in leamington (reception).right now we live at warwick so not within the catchment area. But we are Catholics does that guarentee us a place...

Epsomite Thu 18-May-17 12:30:11

You need to check the admissions criteria for the specific school you are interested in. You wouldn't be guaranteed a place anywhere - you would need to meet the admissions criteria high enough up to get a place; for example, St Antony's prioritise baptised catholic children living in specific parishes, and then by distance.

IamBarber Mon 22-May-17 09:09:38

We applied for a place at a c of e school - we visited the school and talked to the head about meeting the criteria. We attended the church in the village and received a certificate from the vicar then applied via the usual route.

user1495098238 Mon 22-May-17 11:27:34

Hi do you live within the catchment area.

IamBarber Fri 26-May-17 21:21:45

I was outside the catchment area for that school and didn't get a place - it's a very popular, small school and my son was born in a boom year so most schools were oversubscribed for his year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now