Moving to East Preston from Dulwich

(6 Posts)
GirlfromLondon Tue 20-Dec-16 20:44:53

Hello,

We are planning to move from Dulwich to East Preston but I am slightly worried as I see less of young people and more older people. Please tell me this isn't the case. We are buying a lovely detached Georgian which backs on to the sea so I'm in love with the place. We were offered a place at East Preston Junior School in the summer when the chain fell through. What is the area like and what is the school like? what is the demographic like. I run an animation studio and and my husband is also running his won company. What type of people are you likely to find? Are there any mummies from the area who would like to get to know each other? I have lived in London all my life but would love to now move to the Sussex coast... Can any of you help and sorry to hijack this thread..

Yorkshirelassy Wed 01-Feb-17 15:49:06

Hi Girlfromlondon
I see you didn't get much response from your post.
I have recently moved to Petworth from London and also had the same concerns as you.
Have you moved yet?
Let me know if you fancy a chat about your concerns.

MrsBrown82 Fri 03-Feb-17 22:00:37

Hi OP

I'm not in East Preston but am local to Worthing and know Angmering quite well.

If you have Facebook join the 'Worthing mums and dads' group and I'm sure folks on there will be able to answer your questions.

When will you move?

flipflap75 Tue 18-Apr-17 11:17:35

In case anyone ever looks at this thread again, East Preston is fab.

I've lived here for the past 6 years, previously Angmering. Lots of kids, really mixed age community. Good schools, great community feel. And because you can't drive through it to get anywhere else, it's kind of contained yet not remote. Doesn't 'go to sleep' in the winter - it's not really affected by seasonal visitors (but you have the traditional seaside resorts nearby).

I love it!

GirlfromLondon Wed 26-Apr-17 10:43:49

Hello flip flap,

That's great to hear. I am moving under two weeks as previously the chain fell through.. Thanks for responding. It's good to know there are people to hang out with. I am currently living in London and it's very lively here in Dulwich so was worried about it being too quiet, thanks for reassuring me. Are you around to meet for coffee? Are there mums out there who would like to get a group together for coffee mornings? X

GirlfromLondon Wed 26-Apr-17 10:48:41

Hello Yorkshirelassey,

Yes we are finally moving under two weeks. I personally love the area as we drive from London every weekend to visit it! You get proper gardens and houses for your money in Sussex.. London gardens are so tiny and because we wanted to be by the seaside we chose East Preston.. Got offered a good school. I would love to chat to you. Petworth is so nice! I love the park there.. How are you finding it? When did you move? DM me your number and maybe we could have a chat? 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now