Relocating to Swindon from London

(5 Posts)
BabyRach Tue 14-Mar-17 13:37:22

DD and myself are looking to relocate to Swindon with our 3 kids 9, 7 & 3. Where would you recommend for us to find a 3 bedroom house to rent initially before buying?
Considering the age of the kids, any recommendations of a good secondary school? Close to a good primary school?
Is it difficult to get into schools?

Thank you for your advice

LocalEditorWiltshire Thu 16-Mar-17 11:22:42

Hello BabyRach

Thanks for posting. We#re going to post this on our Swindon and Wiltshire Facebook pages.

Hopefully someone from Swindon will be along soon to offer you some advice smile

CoopedUp Thu 16-Mar-17 17:00:52

Hi - Swindon & Wiltshire are two separate local authority areas. DH works in central Swindon commuting by train from West Wilts/Somerset border. Sorry I can't give you insights into Swindon but can help with wider Wiltshire
HTH

jo10000 Thu 16-Mar-17 19:02:10

Hi, just left Swindon after 20 odd years. West Swindon would be great area as Lydiard Park Academy was 'good ' when I last looked and Royal Wootton Basset Academy was 'outstanding', although the latter has waiting lists and theres no automatic guarentee from West Swindon, just lots of kids do go there. Also get more house for your money say than north Swindon and also clise to motorway if you commute. Enjoy, there's so much to see with the cotswolds, bath, Oxford and reading within an hours drive.

Merguez Fri 17-Mar-17 16:58:08

Lots of nice villages around the town if you would prefer to live rurally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now