Any businesses, journalists or researchers looking to post on Local talk must pay a small fee for a pinned thread. On starting a new thread, please make sure you select the 'Pin this thread' option. If you have any questions, please contact your local editor directly or email local@mumsnet.com

hanley castle school

(4 Posts)
dynamicduo Mon 20-Jun-16 19:44:52

Hi
anybody had experience of the school , my son may be an inyear move in year 7 .Is it friendly?. Also thinking of moving to Upton or just outside . great to hear how friendly the area is for teens & single mums .
I'm making decisions in a quick timescale so any help would be great.

Malverntobe Sat 02-Jul-16 11:29:40

No help unfortunately just joining to ask the question, does anyone from MN have children there? Plan to go and visit the school in a couple of weeks, looking to move and my son will need to be in year 10.

If I manage to get to the school I'll report my impressions on here at least!

Malverntobe Thu 14-Jul-16 21:31:49

Hanley castle school told us (over the phone) there were no places whatsoever, we could go on a waiting list. Since my son is starting his GCSE's, even if a place became available we wouldn't want to move mid-GCSE's, so are looking at a different school now.

dynamicduo Sun 20-Nov-16 08:52:52

Hi
unfortunately we moved to Hanley castle school year 8 , and I'm finding the options thing for GCSE confusing & my child not in the right sets compared to last school . so we are thinking of moving again ! mad I know & just found out about Prince Henry in Evesham . Anybody know about it . We would have to go to a middle school I know now which would be Bredon middle & put a late application for Prince Henry . Any advise or tips would be great. I have to say my child does like the school but I'm not confident he can achieve his ambitions there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now