Sea scouts clubhouse
The Warren, Caversham, RG4 7TH
£70 per couple, incl handbook, 2 hypnobirth tracks
6-Jun-16 to 6-Jun-21
Sun, 9.45-1pm, Please book
This yoga-inspired workshop is an opportunity to show your birth partner(s) the key tools for birthing your baby that are covered in the weekly pregnancy yoga classes, so that they are confident in supporting you. We will also cover additional content, for which there is no time during the classes. This includes:
* Using an exercise ball and massage during labour
* Positions and breathing for different stages of labour
* The importance of language
* Medical vs. woman-centred approaches to birth
* Creating a helpful birth environment
* ‘What if' scenarios and role of the birthing partner(s)
* Birth expectations and preferences
* Deep relaxation (so you can practice at home)
* Nurturing your new baby
The workshop is best attended from 30 weeks onwards, but can be taken from 20 weeks. You will receive a folder with information covered during the workshop and exclusive use of two specially constructed yoga nidra (relaxation) practices that are yoga's answer to hypnobirthing!
Workshops happen monthly or as demand requires. Can also be arranged privately in your own home.
Times and prices are subject to change. Contact venue before setting out.
Please login first.